Are you always hiding your smile in pictures? Denver Dental Care in North Carolina provides tailored services such as teeth whitening to help you achieve the beautiful, healthy smile of your dreams. Our modern facility offers state-of-the-art equipment so we can get a detailed look at your mouth structure. Plus, Dr. Stephen Yu and his friendly team are committed to helping educate patients on better ways to care for their teeth and gums! We understand that every patient has unique needs and goals regarding oral care, which is why our friendly team will develop a customized plan just for you.
The Do’s and Don’ts After Teeth Whitening
Are you thinking of whitening your teeth? If so, you’re making a great choice! A whiter, brighter smile can make all the difference in how you feel about yourself—and how others perceive you. But what do you need to know about caring for your teeth after whitening them? Let’s break it down.
Do’s After Teeth Whitening:
- Brush and floss your teeth twice a day. While this is always important for oral health, it’s doubly so after teeth whitening. Make sure to use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste to brush, and floss between all your teeth each time you brush. Good oral hygiene will help prevent staining on any newly whitened surfaces.
- Use a straw when drinking beverages known to stain (like coffee or tea). The liquid won’t come into contact with as much of your enamel if you use a straw, which can help keep those whites bright.
- Regularly rinse with water after eating or drinking anything, especially acidic things (like orange juice). Rinsing will also help protect against staining on any newly whitened surfaces.
- Visit our office at Denver Dental Care for regular checkups and cleanings every six months. These visits allow us to assess your mouth’s overall health and ensure that everything looks good! Plus, professional cleanings remove plaque and tartar buildup that routine brushing may miss—which helps keep those pearly whites shining brightly!
Don’ts After Teeth Whitening:
- Don’t smoke or use other tobacco products while trying to maintain white teeth. Smoking is bad for oral health in general—but it also causes severe staining on both natural and whitened surfaces. Avoiding smoking is one of the best ways to maintain white teeth over time!
- Don’t go too long between treatments. Teeth whitening treatments are a great way to brighten up your appearance, but it’s essential not to wait too long between treatments. If you wait too long — one year or longer — the effects won’t be as dramatic, and you may have to start from scratch. To get the highest level of whitening, aim to do treatments every six months or so. You’ll be amazed by your results when you commit to regular whitening treatments!
- Don’t eat food with intense colors like ketchup or blueberries right after getting your teeth whitened; these intense colors can cause staining if they come into contact with sensitive areas of newly treated enamel before they have had time to settle in properly. If you would like something colorful, try eating something lighter, like diced apples instead!
Teeth Whitening in Denver, North Carolina
Taking care of freshly whitened teeth doesn’t have to be hard work—just follow these do’s and don’ts outlined above, visit us at Denver Dental Care regularly for checkups and cleanings every six months, and enjoy the confidence boost that comes with a brighter smile!
You deserve a brilliant smile that makes everyone do double takes – one that radiates with confidence and joy whenever you flash it. At Denver Dental Care, we will make sure you get the best dental treatment possible so you won’t have to hide behind closed lips any longer!
Schedule an appointment today with Denver Dental Care and start reclaiming your beautiful smiles! We look forward to helping you achieve dental perfection!